Reliv Products FAQ
1. Do Reliv products cure any cancer, diseases or other illnesses?
No. Reliv products are intended to provide balanced nutrition for a healthier lifestyle and overall wellbeing. Reliv products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Although many individuals have seen improvements in their health when consuming these products, individual results will vary. We feel that optimal nutrition is beneficial to all.
2. Can I take Reliv if I have a medical condition?
Anyone with a medical condition should always seek the advice of a medical professional before beginning a nutritional program. It’s also a good idea for anyone under a doctor’s care to have his/her physician evaluate the Reliv products to ensure the products conform to any current dietary program.
3. I am allergic to certain foods. Can I still take Reliv?
Before starting on any nutritional program, you should read the label to find out if there are any ingredients to which you are allergic. If you are unsure if you should consume Reliv products, you should contact your physician.
4. Why do some Reliv products contain soy?
Studies continue to illustrate the many benefits of soy as a superfood:
- A study shows that consumption of a wide variety of soy products is associated with reducing the risk of developing the lung disease COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and other respiratory symptoms. The flavonoids in soy foods may act as an anti-inflammatory agent in the lung.
- Soy isoflavones can lower diabetes and heart disease risk. Eating soy foods has been shown to lower cholesterol, decrease blood glucose levels and improve glucose tolerance in people with diabetes.
- In postmenopausal women, the phytoestrogens in soy may slow bone loss. In addition, many soy foods are high in calcium and contain magnesium and boron, which work together with calcium for better bone health.
- New studies show that soy may help reduce cancer risk — including breast cancer risk in premenopausal women.
- Soy also helps improve mood, memory and other mental functions in women and men.
To learn more about soy, please click here.
5. What is LunaRich®?
LunaRich is a Reliv-exclusive non-GMO soy powder that delivers 5-10 times more of soy's key bioactive component than ordinary soy powders. Learn more about LunaRich.
6. Can I take Reliv while I am pregnant or nursing?
We have testimonials from many women who have consumed Reliv’s essential nutritional products before, during and after their pregnancies with excellent results. In fact, most report healthier pregnancies and faster recovery while getting balanced nutrition from the products. However, you should show the products to your physician for approval before starting a Reliv regimen during pregnancy or while nursing.
7. I eat healthy foods. Why should I supplement?
Unfortunately, even if you’re eating right, you’re still probably not getting enough vitamins and nutrients from your diet for optimum health. Many of today’s foods don’t pack the nutritional punch they did years ago. According to a report published in the Journal of HortScience, the average vegetable found in today’s supermarket is anywhere from 5% to 40% lower in minerals (including magnesium, iron, calcium and zinc) than those harvested just 50 years ago.
The decline is attributed to modern crops being harvested faster, giving them less time to absorb nutrients, and the use of fertilizers that may interfere with a plant’s ability to take up nutrients. That’s why nutritional supplements are so essential to maintaining health and vitality.
Reliv nutritional supplements are not considered a food item, nor should Reliv nutritional supplements be consumed instead of food. Reliv nutritional supplements are meant to enhance one’s overall well-being by providing optimal levels of nutrition in addition to the foods they eat.
8. How can I find out nutritional information about individual Reliv products?
The nutritional panel of every Reliv product is available online for every Reliv country. Select individual products under the "Our Products" tab to view a benefit sheet, ingredient list, and any patents or studies.
9. Are Reliv nutritional products regulated by the FDA?
Yes. The dietary supplement industry is regulated by the FDA. The FDA has regulatory authority under the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act as amended in 1994 by the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) and in 2006 by the Dietary Supplement and Nonprescription Drug Consumer Protection Act. (Source: Council for Responsible Nutrition)
Each individual dietary supplement company is responsible for determining that the dietary supplements it manufactures or distributes are safe and that any representations or claims made about them are substantiated by adequate evidence to show that they are not false or misleading. This means that dietary supplements do not need approval from FDA before they are marketed. (Source: Food and Drug Administration)
Reliv goes even further in maintaining the highest integrity and standards by being a member of the Council for Responsible Nutrition. The CRN, founded in 1973 and based in Washington, D.C., is the leading trade association representing dietary supplement manufacturers and ingredient suppliers. CRN companies produce a large portion of the dietary supplements marketed in the United States and globally. In addition to complying with a host of federal and state regulations governing dietary supplements, the CRN’s manufacturer and supplier members also agree to adhere to voluntary guidelines for manufacturing, marketing and CRN’s Code of Ethics. (Source: Council for Responsible Nutrition)
Reliv manufactures its nutritional products in near-pharmaceutical conditions.
10. What is the shelf life of Reliv powdered nutritional products?
After the products are opened, they are effective for up to 6 months if stored with the lid on in a cool, dry place. However if not stored under these conditions the product will deteriorate more quickly. For unopened cans, a “best before” date is printed on the bottom of each can.
11. Are Reliv products vegan, vegetarian, Kosher, Halal and gluten free?
We have a product for everyone! Click here to take a look. For a list of ingredients in Reliv products, please visit individual product pages under "Our Products" on our website.
12. Are Reliv products patented?
ProVantage®, GlucAffect®, ReversAge®, CardioSentials®, and 24K® are currently under U.S. patents. The first Reliv Classic® patent was issued in 1988 and has since expired, as has the Innergize!® patent issued in 1994, the FibRestore® issued in 1996, Cellebrate® in 1997, and Arthaffect® in 2001. In order for an invention to be patented, the U.S. patent laws provide that it must (A) have utility and (B) be novel and non-obvious over the prior art. The U.S. Patent Office substantively examines patent applications to ensure that patents are issued only for inventions that satisfy these legal criteria.
Reliv also holds three lunasin-related patents:
- A patent on lunasin's mechanism of action for reducing LDL cholesterol in the body. (2 patents)
- A composition of matter patent on Reliv's LunaRich technology as it relates to its superior ability to deliver bioactive lunasin to the body.
13. Why does it say “proprietary blend” on the supplements facts section of my Reliv product label?
The term “proprietary blend” refers to our secret recipe of optimum ingredients. Dr. Theodore Kalogris and Dr. Carl Hastings spent years perfecting optimal mixtures of ingredients in Reliv products. These mixtures are what make our products effective. The mixtures make our products unique, so we call them proprietary.
14. Which core nutrition product is right for me - Reliv Now® with Whey or Reliv Now® with Soy?
Both of these core nutrition products contain the same vitamin and mineral profile. To give our customers and Distributors more options, we offer these two products with two different protein sources: whey or soy. Simply choose the protein source that you prefer.
15. My question wasn’t answered here. How can I find an answer?
For questions about Reliv products or ingredients, please email us.